Propane is the market leader in alternative fuels for the transportation sector.
It is the most effective and easiest Clean Fuel for fleet operators to implement - and it is a proven RIGHT NOW™ solution for light and light-medium fleet operators.
The U.S. Department of Energy predicts that Propane will be the leading alternative fuel for the 21st century.
Today’s Propane fuel injection technologies are significantly improved over the old carbureted technologies used in the 1990s. Typically, these modern fuel injection technologies, with sophisticated electronic controls, work in combination with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) electronics, and use injectors designed specifically for Propane. This produces excellent emissions results, along with driveability and performance equivalent to gasoline.
Millions of kilometres have been logged using Propane technology in severe duty use. It's capability to meet the real-world rigors of fleet service is proven.
Propane is less expensive than conventional gasoline, ethanol-blended gasoline and diesel on a net fuel cost basis. In fact, the fuel savings for a high mileage vehicle can off-set the cost of conversion, usually in one year. Maintenance costs do not increase for Propane vehicles. And by converting to Clean Propane, it may be feasible to extend oil drains and reduce fleet maintenance costs.
The reasons for the world wide popularity of Propane are Clean and simple:
Propane delivers Performance
- custom designed equipment for every engine platform
- 100% approved components
- vehicle starts in all weather conditions
- closed loop system ensures odour-free operation
- no horsepower loss - vehicle operation is unchanged
- no specialized maintenance equipment required
Propane vehicles Last Longer
- clean Propane is high octane (103) fuel versus “premium” gasoline at 91-93 octane
- engines can last 2-3 times longer than gasoline and diesel engines (NPGA)
Propane is Cost Effective
- less expensive than conventional gasoline
- less expensive than E10 ethanol-blended gasoline
- less expensive than E85 ethanol-blended gasoline
- less expensive than diesel
- less expensive than natural gas (Ivey)
- Propane pricing has been, and is likely to be, more stable than gasoline, diesel and ethanol blends well into the future (Ivey)
Propane vehicles are Safe
- all components of Propane systems are designed, approved and installed in accordance with stringent safety requirements under the jurisdiction of various government and regulatory organizations
- Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than gasoline tanks (PGAC)
Propane is Readily Available for your Fleet
- Sparlings installs turn-key Propane stations - the right equipment for your specific fleet requirements
- training is available from Sparlings Instructors for drivers and operators - or prepare for training in-house with a Train the Trainer program from Sparlings
- Propane programs at Sparlings are structured to provide you with tremendous flexibility (i.e. Price Protection Plan™, Pre-Buy), Guaranteed Supply and Guaranteed Service 24/7
Propane is Proven
- worldwide, approximately 11 million vehicles - and growing - are running Clean and Green on high performance Propane (World LP Gas Association)
Propane makes a Real Difference
- moving people and goods accounts for 19% of Canada’s total greenhouse gas emissions (GHG)
- converting a single high consumption vehicle (i.e. 60,000 km annually) to propane instead of gasoline will reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by approximately 1.8 tonnes (Ivey)
- convert 60,000 vehicles and reduce GHG by 240,000 tonnes
- convert 80,000 vehicles and reduce GHG by 320,000 tonnes
- convert 100,000 vehicles and reduce GHG by 400,000 tonnes
Read more at Propane Facts.
Sparlings Propane. Your Clean Fleet Solution. RIGHT NOW™.