Propane is the market leader in alternative fuels for the transportation sector.
Propane is the most effective and easiest clean fuel for fleet operators to implement - and it is a proven solution for light and light-medium fleet operators.
Today’s Propane fuel injection technologies are significantly improved over the old carbureted technologies used in the 1990s. Typically, these modern fuel injection technologies, with sophisticated electronic controls, work in combination with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) electronics, and use injectors designed specifically for Propane. This produces excellent emissions results, along with driveability and performance equivalent to gasoline.
Millions of kilometres have been logged using Propane technology in heavy duty use. It's capability to meet the real-world rigors of fleet service is proven.
Propane is less expensive than conventional gasoline, ethanol-blended gasoline and diesel on a net fuel cost basis. In fact, the fuel savings for a high mileage vehicle can off-set the cost of conversion, usually in one year. Maintenance costs do not increase for Propane vehicles. And by converting to Clean Propane, it may be feasible to extend oil drains and reduce fleet maintenance costs.
The reasons for the world-wide popularity of Propane are clean and simple:
Propane delivers fleet performance
- custom designed equipment for every engine platform
- 100% approved components
- vehicle starts in all weather conditions
- closed loop system ensures odour-free operation
- no horsepower loss - vehicle operation is unchanged
- no specialized maintenance equipment required
Propane vehicles last longer
- clean propane is high octane (103) fuel versus “premium” gasoline at 91-93 octane
- engines can last 2-3 times longer than gasoline and diesel engines (NPGA)
Propane is cost effective
- less expensive than conventional gasoline
- less expensive than E10 ethanol-blended gasoline
- less expensive than E85 ethanol-blended gasoline
- less expensive than diesel
Propane vehicles are safe
- all components of propane systems are designed, approved and installed in accordance with stringent safety requirements under the jurisdiction of various government and regulatory organizations
- Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than gasoline tanks (PGAC)
Propane is readily available for your fleet
- Sparlings installs turn-key propane stations - the right equipment for your specific fleet requirements
- training is available from Sparlings instructors for drivers and operators - or in-house with a 'Train the Trainer' program
- Propane service at Sparlings are designed to provide you with flexibility (i.e. fixed price programs, equipment service and maintanence, emergency service and much more
Your propane company since 1951